- Reputation.com has also certified certain of its services under the EU–U.S. Privacy Shield framework set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union.
- We collect and use only the Personal Information we need to make sure our products and services are effective. If we need any additional information, we will get your express, explicit approval before collecting and using it. (learn more)
- We do not sell, give, rent or trade your Personal Information to advertisers, marketers or spammers. (learn more)
- Data retention. (learn more)
- If you provide Personal Information to us about your customers or clients, we will keep that information confidential and will only use it as necessary to provide the services you have purchased. We will not share such information with third parties, including advertisers or marketers or spammers. (learn more)
- We take the security of your Personal Information seriously, and use industry standard safeguards to protect any Personal Information stored on our systems. (learn more)
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any websites linked to our site if they are not controlled or owned by Reputation.com. Please be diligent when visiting any other websites. (learn more)
- We like to send information and updates via email to our customers but you are welcome to opt out of receiving this information at any time. (learn more)
- The policy outlined below is legally binding and may be updated from time to time. (learn more)
Effective August 9, 2017
2. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
Reputation.com, Inc. participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Reputation.com is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
Reputation.com is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Reputation.com complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Reputation.com is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission In certain situations, Reputation.com may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Further, Reputation.com commits to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by such authorities with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
- In some areas of the Site (such as when you set up an account or provide information for the Company to contact you or when you ask for additional information) and in connection with our services, Reputation.com will collect Personal Information, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, username[s], credit card number, billing information and other information which, either alone or in combination can be used to identify you (“Personal Information”). We do not consider information that has been aggregated and anonymized so as to not be identifiable to be Personal Information.
- In addition, in order to effectively deliver our services and products, Reputation.com, Inc., may from time to time afford you the opportunity to provide descriptive, behavioral, preferential, and/or lifestyle information about yourself, but it is solely up to you whether you furnish such information. This information is never sold, rented, traded or given to third parties such as advertisers, spammers or marketers.
- If you request us to do so, by signing up for one of our services which involves collecting or tracking your personally identifiable information, we may collect your Personal Information from third-party sources and platforms (such as online review sites, social media or other sites on the Internet).
- We also collect analytical data related to the performance of this Site via tracking technologies. This data is in no way associated with your personally identifiable information. (See “Tracking Technologies” below.)
Collection of Information from Third Parties
We may collect your Personal Information from third parties. If we do, Reputation.com will not sell this personal information to advertisers, marketers or spammers.
- In order to use certain areas of the Site, you may first be required to complete a registration form, including a username and password. During registration, you are required to give contact information, such as your name, and email address.
- We use this information to contact you about the services on the Site in which you have expressed interest. Specifically, Reputation.com, Inc., will send you a welcome email and will also email you when a report has been prepared for you related to the product(s) which you have selected.
Special Offers and Updates
Using your name and email address, we will occasionally send you information on products, services, discounts and promotions related to Reputation.com. You can sign up for these emails on our registration page during the registration process. Out of respect for your privacy, we present you with the option not to receive these types of communications each time we send you such communications. Please see “Choice and Opt-out.”
The Site offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us at info -at- reputation -dot- com.
- You can log in to the Site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us, such as your name and email address, to pre-populate our sign up form.
Social Media Widgets
Internal Uses of Your Personally Identifiable Information
- We collect, store and process your Personal Information on servers located in the United States. Due to the unpredictable nature of Internet routing, your information may pass through other countries while in transit to our servers. We use the information we collect about you in order to:
- develop and deliver our services
- process your transactions
- provide customer service and manage your account
- improve our products, services and marketing
- We give access to Personal Information about our users only to those who require it for the above purposes.
- Reputation.com, will not sell or rent any of your Personal Information to third parties. Reputation.com, will not share any of your Personal Information with third parties except in the limited circumstances described below
- We share information with service providers under contract who help with our business operations such as payment and order processing, fraud investigation, bill collection, and information management and analytics. If content generation is included in your services, we may share information with service providers under contract to create, edit and/or publish such content. These third parties are obligated to protect your information and are contractually prohibited from using your Personal Information for any other purpose. They are never permitted to share your information with any third parties. They are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to Reputation.com.
- We disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action. If the subpoena seeks information about an identified subscriber or limited group of subscribers, we’ll make reasonable business efforts to contact the subscriber(s) before providing information to the party that requests it. We can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to in all cases, whether because of a time limit, court order, inability to effectively contact a subscriber, or for any other reason.
- When a user signs up for a co-branded version of our service through links to Reputation.com from our co-branded partner’s website, Reputation.com, Inc., will share with the co-branded partner that user’s name, e-mail address and physical address in order to provide enhanced integration between Reputation.com’s services and the services of our co-branded partner. If you do not want your information shared with Reputation.com Inc.’s co-branded partner, you should sign up for Reputation.com directly through www.reputation.com and other sub-domains and not through a link from our partner’s website.
- We disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
- We share information with companies that provide public relations and marketing services for us. Such information will only be shared by us to customize, measure and improve our products, services and advertising. It will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. These third parties are contractually obligated to protect your information and are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- We share your information with our parent, subsidiaries and joint ventures to help coordinate the services we provide to you, enforce our terms and conditions, and promote trust and safety.
- The implementation of our Services, by its very nature, may require using your Personal Information to locate other information about you. Such use may include, but not be limited to, using your information to search the publicly accessible Internet sites as well as searching private information databases and sites.
- The implementation of our Services, by its very nature, may require revealing your Personal Information in order to post review responses, post on social media sites, etc . For example (but not limited to), we may have to disclose your name to a review website in order to post a response to a review. This occurs with your express permission for a specific, given purpose.
5. UPDATING INFORMATION
Upon request, Reputation.com will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may review, correct, update , change or delete your Personal Information on your Reputation.com account profile at any time. Simply log into your Reputation.com account, go to your User Profile, review your Personal Information and, if you wish, edit it with the options provided. If you are unable to edit your Personal Information by logging into your account, then please contact us for assistance. Customer Service is available to assist with this between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST or you may email the helpdesk -at- reputation -dot- com. If you wish your personal information to be deleted from our database, you may email your request to our helpdesk -at- reputation -dot- com. The process of removing information may take up to 30 days.
We will retain your information for at least as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may also keep your information for longer periods of time consistent with our normal business practices and record-keeping requirements.
The implementation of our Services may require you to share with us information about third parties such as your customers, including personally identifying information such as names and email addresses. We treat such information confidentially and do not share it with any third parties, except as described above as necessary to perform our services. Such information is maintained in accordance with this Policy.
The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged Reputation.com.
Reputation.com collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
Reputation.com acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Reputation.com’s Client (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. Reputation.com will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. If you enter sensitive information, such as credit card number and social security number, on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Reputation.com. is committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security.
- The Personal Information that we collect, and that you provide, is stored by us is and contained behind a “firewall” and only accessible by those who need to know that information and who have special access rights to our production systems. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- We test our security systems regularly and also contract with outside companies to test our security systems and processes. However, no security system is perfect. We do not guarantee or warrant that there will be no unauthorized access to your data.
- We will make all reasonable business efforts to protect your information, but no system can prevent all malicious attacks against our system or commonly used Internet protocols or software (e.g., SSL). Please see our technical pages for more information about the security systems used.
- The security of your Reputation.com account also relies on your protection of your Reputation.com password. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your password. You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You should not share your Reputation.com password with anyone.
- Reputation.com will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an e-mail, though we may ask you to enter this type of information on the Site, which will always have a URL beginning with https://www.reputation.com. If you receive an email that asks you for your log in information or password, it is not from us and you should not respond.
- Any e-mail or other communication requesting your password, asking you to provide sensitive account information via email, or linking to a website with a URL that does not begin with https://www.reputation.com should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to Reputation.com, Inc., immediately by emailing helpdesk -at- reputation -dot- com.
- If you do share your Reputation.com password with a third party for any reason, the third party will have access to your account and your personal information, and you may be responsible for actions taken using your password.
- If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately by logging in to your account at www.reputation.com and changing your Profile settings. If you believe that an unauthorized access has already occurred please report it immediately by emailing helpdesk -at- reputation -dot- com.
- Reputation.com, Inc. may have access to your password and may use such password to access your account for debugging, quality assurance, or other internal purposes.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
- We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Site. Specifically, we use session cookies to track your session ID and to track whether or not you are logged into the Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. Click here for more information on how to remove persistent cookies.
- We set a persistent cookie to store how you came to the Site and what purchase packages and discounts we are able to offer you upon your registration. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on the Site.
- You may adjust your browser settings to refuse or to remove or clear cookies by following the directions provided in your browser settings. If you reject cookies, you will still be able to view the Site, but your ability to use some areas of the Site, will be limited. You will be unable to log into the Site if you reject cookies.
- We employ, and our third party advertising partner employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that helps us better manage content on the Site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies and are used to learn about the interactions of our users with the Site and our outbound emails. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
The Site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Reputation.com, Inc. Please be aware that we, Reputation.com, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by the Site.
- We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your Personal Information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. For example, if you purchase a product/service, but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference in the Site’s account area.
- If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at helpdesk -at- reputation -dot- com. We also offer an opportunity to opt-out of certain communications on the Site, via our user account area.
12. MOBILE APP DISCLOSURES
When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and operating system version.
We may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
- You are also responsible for regularly reviewing the Privacy Statement and related documents. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time.
- In the event Reputation.com, goes through a business transition, such as a merger, an acquisition by another company, or a sale of a portion of its assets, users’ Personal Information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via prominent notice on the Site for 30 days after a change of ownership or control of their personally identifiable information. If, as a result of the business transition, a users’ Personal Information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, users will be given a choice consistent with our notification of changes section.
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer
1400A Seaport Blvd.
Redwood City, CA 94063